Sunday, April 1, 2018

What To Do When You Are Feeling Down

Hey guys! I hope you are having a good day today! Today's topic is what to do when you are feeling down on yourself. Have you ever had those days when you just look in the mirror and feel down on yourself?




What To Do When You Are Feeling Down!





Hey guys! Today's post was brought on by a feeling that I personally have been having today. I don't know if you can relate or not.. But I think most people can.
I just woke up today feeling really down on myself.. And I made myself get up and get ready. Put my makeup on, trying to make myself get back to the more positive ME! 


I watched a couple of videos trying to motivate myself and then I thought, "You know what? I bet that I am not the only one that feels like this from time to time." So, how can I help others when/if they are ever feeling this way too?

You know I usually write these upbeat posts all about positivity and how to get your vibes up and posts that are motivating.. That is all said and good. But I know that every day is not like that.. This is real life. And you can't be up all the time.


So what are some things that you can do to make yourself feel better when you are just feeling down?   Down on the way you look. Down on your weight. Down on the way your life is going. 


I know that it's hard to work thru those feelings sometimes and get past them.. But one thing that I am doing right now as I write this post out, is realizing that feeling sorry for myself is def not helping me! I want to get back to feeling awe inspired! I want to feel motivated and I want to just feel good about myself.. Even about the way I look today! 

So how can you I fix this feeling??? 

For one always remember that "this too shall pass!" I love that scripture. But yes it is really true. This feeling will pass.. Sometimes we have to just give our self permission to feel the way that we do. 

So I am giving myself permission to feel blah for a minute. And then I am going to do some things to make myself feel better! 

One of the first things I did was go to Pinterest and look up some inspiring/motivating quotes!
Pinterest is full of awesome quotes that really help me to feel better.. 

Like this one 

" Be Somebody That Makes Everyone Feel Like A Somebody." ~Robby Novak


Here's another quote but I decided to make it into an image quote! Hope you like it.. I really like what it has to say. Be the energy that you want to attract! So when I think to myself, is this the energy that I want to attract to myself?  It is a definite NO!! I don't want to attract more feelings of BLAH, so I am trying to get rid of them and attract more feelings of AWWW!! lol. 



 


You know as I am typing this post out I am already starting to feel better.. I think when I take the focus off of myself and try to help other people that is definitely one way that really starts to make me feel better! I love to help other people by blogging.. I love to try to help inspire others and maybe to help motivate them.. 

Y'all this is me.. I am not perfect.. We all have them days where we feel down and out. But that doesn't mean that we have to stay in that moment.. It's a moment in time. It's fleeting and it will pass! 

I am so glad that I started writing this.. I have already made myself realize that feeling down is just part of being human. And within minutes you can take the time to change how you feel!






You can change how you feel. Do you want to feel sorry for yourself? Or do you want to get over the feeling and move on? I would much rather move on, wouldn't you??? 

So what have I done to make myself feel better?

Well, first I decided to get on here and talk about it. I think that helped me to work thru my feelings of inadequacy. And took the focus off me to one of possibly helping someone else. 

Then I looked up all these amazing quotes that really do help you get out of a funk. I picked a few to pop onto this post.. 

I realized that we can't be up all the time, but we can get out of the blah feeling by realizing that it will pass.. We can help it pass by not giving in to the feeling.. don't focus on the feeling.. just realize it's there (observe it) and then let it make its way out of your thoughts.. Which really all it takes is focusing on something besides yourself.. that was actually pretty easy!

I know I said it before but I am glad that I wrote this out at a time that I thought I was going to feel like this all day.. It's amazing to me how quickly that feeling passed thru me once I stopped focusing on it..   


So what kind of energy do you want to attract? Remember we are making our future right this very moment by the thoughts that we have. And the vibrations that we are vibrating out to the universe.. 


It's ok to not be up all the time. But if you can get in a habit of realizing that you are constantly vibrating. Constantly sending signals out to the Universe. Then maybe you can take the time to change the way you are feeling. It is so worth it to me to be mindful of what I am focusing on. Because I am in this process of self-discovery. It's more like a journey. I am discovering so much about myself.. and the different ways my emotions & vibrations are building the future me.. 


I don't know about you, but I want to be the best me that I can be.. So don't let your feelings keep you down. Do things to snap yourself out of it.. Realize that you do have the power to change yourself. You have the power to change your reality! And I think that is pretty damn AWESOME!!

I hope this post isn't all over the place.. Even tho I feel that it might be.. I hope you can understand what I am trying to get at anyways!! lol


I hope you guys are having a great day today.. Happy Easter!


As always,
xoxo
Amy

















No comments:

Post a Comment