Thursday, January 4, 2018

Do You Feel Guilty If You Are Not Having A Productive Day Like I Do?

What's up? What's up guys?? Today's post is something that I have been feeling this whole week!! 



Hey guys! I hope you have been having a great week so far! My week, ah well, let's just say that I am well rested!! lmao

do you feel guilty if you are not having a productive day


I took off from work this week with the thought of getting some sht done that I needed to work on. And the fact that I needed a break from my soul-sucking 12-hour nightshift job! And I really haven't done a damn thing but sleep in. Stay online most days, check my facebook.. lol.. etc. 

Wellllll, I did get a couple blog posts sent out and a giveaway over & done! I guess that's not too bad online wise. 

I hate the feeling that I am feeling tho. You know that feeling, that guilty feeling you feel if you are not being productive every single second of every day.. 

Well I say FUCK THAT!!! 

😉😏
I am not gonna let myself feel guilty because I am not busting my ass trying to stay productive while I took some much needed time off from work. Yes, I know I could have gotten ALOT more stuff done than I did, but well who the eff really cares?? It's my life right? I'm the one who has to answer for it.. 

Why do we worry about such things? I think for me personally, that it's the way I was brought up to think. That you had to be doing something productive all the time or you are just wasting your day away. What's wrong with wasting my day?? Hmmm?? Maybe I like wasting my day away. 


Seriously today I don't feel guilty about it. But yesterday I sure did.. I felt like if I wasn't at my "job" then I sure as hell had better be cleaning the house from top to bottom or online doing something productive for my blog. And really I got so distracted by all the info there is out there online, that my day flew by before I even knew it.. 

That's the part that sucks I think and makes me feel like "what the hell just happened?? Where did the fuckin day go???" There are so many freakin things online these days that are such TIME WASTERS!!

 I love social media as much as the next person, but DANG!! It's addicting if you let it be. I love getting on my facebook to check in with my family & friends. And I love to use it for blogging purposes to keep up with my page. But man it can suck you in so quickly if you let it.. And not just facebook.. there's instagram.. Holy shit.. I love looking at all those gorgeous flat-lays but really??? Come on.. I know everyone's lives are not INSTAGRAM perfect.. at least I know mine isn't.. lol


I am a real person that actually works outside of the home for a living. I love to blog. So I use my blog as a platform to talk about the stuff that I like to talk about. And the stuff that I look up online myself. Things that I like to learn about like The Law of Attraction, manifesting, gratitude and my crazy obsession with PLANNERS!!!  And I kinda figured "Well if I like learning about this stuff, then I'm sure there are other people out there like me that like learning about this stuff too!"

So, anyways, back on the subject of "feeling guilty if you are not having a productive day." Why do we do that to ourselves? I work most of the time. So I don't know why I have this feeling of guilt if I'm not doing something productive with my day. It's crazy. Cuz everywhere you look, you hear people talking about side hustles or hustling with their business etc. I don't want to hustle. I want things to be easy. 

And so I am going to change my outlook on my work days. Even if I'm not at work like today, I am gonna stop feeling guilty if I'm just laying around watching Netflix.

I'm gonna change this ingrained mindset that I have to work 23 hrs out of 24. And realize that life is what we make it. And I want my life to be easy! (I know shit happens sometimes that make life hard, so before I get any comments saying, blah, blah, blah, THERE YA GO) 

So, therefore, I am going to make my life easy. I am not going to let my soul-sucking 12 hour shift JOB get me down anymore. I am not going to let some of my co-workers that get on my last nerve get me down anymore. I am going to stay in the mindset that I choose to be in.. And I choose to be happy. Not crappy the rest of my LIFE!! 

So, tell me am I the only one that feels this way?? Do you ever feel guilty for not being productive on your day off from work? Or any of the time?? Ya know, what kills me is, that I am actually getting paid while I sit here on my ass typing this out. It's my vacation time at work that I'm using, so it's not like I'm losing any pay.. So I think it's just a mind thing! 

One that I def need to change & get over!! 

That's all I've got for today guys.. Would love to hear your take on this. Have you ever felt like this? Do you feel guilty if you are not having a productive day? Drop me a comment. I answer all who comment.. Or catch up with me on any of my social media outlets. You can find me most of the time here at  Third Shift Living or on my Instagram . I am on all the others too.. or email me directly at amymorton54@gmail.com.. would love to connect with you and say "Whazzup?" lol 

Cya next time

As always,
xoxo
~Amy 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment